Together, we can do more
The Blue Foundation is an independent 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization founded to help Blue Federal Credit Union and our members fulfill our Do Good mission. We champion, fund and celebrate local non-profit causes that keep our community and people strong, financially stable and healthy. The Blue Foundation also helps make tax-deductible charitable giving easy for you.
We match your donations
Whether your donation is $10 or $10,000, 100% of your donation goes to important local causes and scholarships AND your donation is matched by up to 80% by the Blue FCU, amplifying your positive impact. Last year, that added up to more than $150,000 given back to Blue hometown communities in Wyoming and Colorado. Join us in doing good.donate today
Together, we really can do more
We love a good cause. And we love it when Blue members hit us up for money, volunteers or sponsorship for local nonprofit causes they care about. Why? Because when people speak up and ask for help in specific ways, it’s a lot easier to take action!
Contact the Blue Foundation to ask about support for a cause that’s important to you.
While we have a special focus on financial literacy programs, we always do our best to find a way to help a good cause.
In May of each year, we award several Blue scholarships for college-bound high school seniors. If you know a promising student, please send them our way.
Applications due April 1.
Contribute to existing Blue scholarship funds
Supporting our scholarship funds is an amazing way to make a difference in a young person’s life—and invest in our future!
Set up your own scholarship
If you’d like to set up a scholarship fund as a memorial, part of estate planning, or simply because it fits your values, the Blue Foundation and our partners at Blue would be delighted to help you do that. We can even help with promoting and managing the application process.
Many of Blue’s current members joined by making a donation to the Blue Foundation. It’s easy! All it takes is $5 or more—which Blue will match, doubling your donation—and it’s tax deductible.
Join us in helping youth, families and nonprofits serving our community.
Become part of our Do Gooder team—it’s a great way to meet people, have fun and make a difference. Check our calendar for upcoming Blue volunteer events.
Together, we can—and do—make a significant difference in our communities. Special thanks to our Blue Foundation donors and many volunteers for helping great organizations accomplish more for our communities!
- Blue’s Prime Time Advantage Club creates community among Blue members ages “50 and finer” by hosting social events and fun outings that bring great people together!
- Boys & Girls Club of Larimer County provides an environment (people, places, and programs) to support incredible kids in become caring, responsible citizens.
- Cathedral Home for Children in Laramie has helped troubled and traumatized children reclaim and rebuild their lives for over 100 years.
- Cheyenne Animal Shelter enhances the quality of life for animals and people through compassion, respect, and education. For nearly 40 years, the Shelter has extended kindness to abused companion animals in Cheyenne and Laramie County.
- Cheyenne Schools Foundation engages community interest and support for enhanced academic, personal, and vocational opportunities for LCSD#1 students beyond the capacity of the local school district budget.
- CLIMB Wyoming, a non-profit organization, trains and places low-income single mothers in careers that successfully support their families. This promotes self-sufficiency and economic security for generations to come in Cheyenne and surrounding areas.
- Laramie Main Street Alliance strives to preserve historic Downtown Laramie while enhancing its economic and social vitality.
- Realities for Children provides for the unmet needs of children who have been abused, neglected or at-risk, uniting the community in a mutually beneficial service.
- Relay for Life in Cheyenne and Laramie are life-changing events that give everyone a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease.
- United Way of Laramie County works hard to meet the many and diverse needs of the people in our community through partnerships to make the greatest possible impact.
- Wyoming Children’s Society, the oldest non-profit adoption agency in the state of Wyoming, has served birth parents, children, and families for over a century.
Would you like to see your organization’s name on this list? We would too!