Here to Help You.

At Blue, we are committed to improving service across our organization by collecting feedback and
designing processes to better fit our member's needs.

Title and Lien Frequently Asked Questions

After seven (7) calendar days we mail the title to the payoff address. If the loan is paid off in cash or wire, then we send the title out the next business day. Electronic titles are processed through the state as they are not physically held at Blue FCU. If your title is held electronically, you will receive a notice from VinTek stating your lien has been released. You will receive your physical title from the jurisdiction holding your title.

The title is sent to the pay off address. This could be a dealer, if you traded in your vehicle. Another financial institution, if you refinanced your loan. Or your address on file, if you personally paid off your loan.

Please send a request to [email protected] and we will get the lien release in the mail within two business days. We will send you an email confirmation once this process is complete.

We can give you a status of your title work, please email [email protected]. Please keep in mind that it can take up to 60 days to process the title work and send it to the county/DMV.

Blue is not responsible for paying registration fees. Once the title work has been processed by the county, you may go into the county or local jurisdiction (depending on state) to pay your registration fees. If sales tax was financed with your loan, we will submit that with your title work.

Electronic titles are held by the state. Blue receives electronic title numbers from every state, so we can tell you if your title is electronic or not. If you’d like to know if your title is held electronically, email us at [email protected] and we will respond within 2 business days.

An electronic title is held by the state. Once the loan is paid in full, we send the lien release request to the state and the state will mail a title to you.

An out of state request is used to transfer your title from the current state it is held in to the state you have relocated to. This form/process allows you to register your vehicle in your new state.

Please contact your local DMV to provide an “Out of State Request,” the DMV can email the request to [email protected] or fax 307-316-0733.

Once we have the request and the title, we mail both documents to the DMV and they will process a new title and send the title back to us. At that time, you may register your vehicle.

For You. For Life.