Helpful tips for preventing overdrafts on your account
While Blue offers a wide variety of checking account overdraft protection, we also want to help our members become financially secure. We’ve compiled a helpful list to help you prevent overdrafts on your account.
To help prevent overdrafts:
- Blue Federal Credit Union’s online banking allows you to check your balances at any time. We also have a secure mobile app so you can check your balance, transfer funds, and even deposit checks on the go!
- Set up automatic deposit to ensure that funds are promptly deposited into your accounts. Contact us today to help set up your direct deposit.
- Review monthly account statements on a regular basis. These are available through if you’ve signed up for eStatements or by mail if you have enrolled in paper statements. Fees may apply for receiving paper statements.
- If you want to set a balance limit on your checking account, so that you aren’t able to spend below a certain threshold, please contact us today.
- If you spend more money than is available in your checking account, Protect-a-Check (Overdraft Protection) automatically transfers the exact amount needed to cover the transaction up to the available funds or credit limit with no service charge.
- Blue’s Courtesy Pay program helps protect members from overdraft if your account is drawn negative below your available balance. Learn more by click here!