How to Request a Grant
The Blue Federal Credit Union Foundation is committed to supporting local organizations and promoting financial literacy in our community. Doing good is the fabric of who we are!
Through grants from the Foundation, we support 501(c)(3) and eligible cause-related sponsorships of charity fundraising events. It is strongly encouraged that potential applicants read our guidelines prior to submitting an application to confirm their eligibility to apply. Cause-related sponsorships (different from a grant) are considered on a monthly basis and evaluated based on the organization’s mission and impact in our service area as well as the event’s impact and sponsorship recognition.
Grant commitments are generally for one year only and in the range of $3,000 - $25,000.
The Foundation seeks to partner with organizations who demonstrate the following:
- Must be a 501(c)(3) organization in good standing.
- Organizations/events must be located within the Foundation’s communities we serve located in Wyoming and Colorado. Local chapters of national organizations may apply.
- Grants to individuals, including scholarships.
- Debt retirement or operating deficits.
- Equipment expenses, unless the equipment will directly improve the organization’s ability to provide and deliver services.
- Multiple grants within the same 12-month period (one grant per organization, per year.)
Reporting & Recognition Guidelines
- The grantee organization agrees to coordinate a check presentation with representatives of Foundation for publicity purposes.
- The grantee organization agrees to seek publicity for the grant, as possible, through a media press release, through a story in the organization’s newsletter, or other method and to communicate a recognition plan upon acceptance of the grant.
- The grantee organization agrees to recognize the Foundation via a minimum of two social media posts during the year following the grant.
The Foundation will have three funding cycles in 2019:
Cycle 1: Deadline for submission
March 1, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.
- Listing of requests sent to Board | March 8 at 5:00 p.m.
- Foundation Board Meeting | March 15 at 11:00 a.m.
- Notification of funding status | April 1
Cycle 2: Deadline for submission
July 1, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.
- Listing of requests sent to Board | July 8 at 5:00 p.m.
- Foundation Board Meeting | July 15 at 11:00 a.m.
- Notification of funding status | August 1
Cycle 3: Deadline for submission
November 1, 2019 - 5:00 p.m.
- Listing of requests sent to Board | November 8 at 5:00 p.m.
- Foundation Board Meeting | November 15 at 11:00 a.m.
- Notification of funding status | December 1